David Chipman is the Biden administration’s pick to head the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF). As this administration is probably the most anti-Second Amendment (2A) administration the country has ever seen, it’s not surprising they would nominate a gun-control advocate to head ATF. So why should we be concerned?
For those unclear on the Democratic Party view of the 2A, Tucker Carlson sums it up nicely in this video. The video is worth a few minutes of your time as it clearly shows their fraudulent approach to what is arguably one of the most important rights protected by the Constitution.
The ATF is one of the most powerful agencies in our government, their stated mission is as follows:
- The ATF protects the public from crimes involving firearms, explosives, arson, and the diversion of alcohol and tobacco products; regulates lawful commerce in firearms and explosives; and provides worldwide support to law enforcement, public safety, and industry partners.
Regarding firearms, some would argue that the ATF spends more time harassing law-abiding gun owners than pursuing those committing firearms related crimes. A reasonable argument can probably be made for both sides.
David Chipman is being proposed to head ATF. His nomination has cleared committee in a party line vote and will now proceed to the Senate for a full vote. The full Senate vote is also likely to be along party lines. Even Susan Collins (R-Maine) considered a moderate Republican, has indicated she cannot support the Chipman nomination. It’s possible that a moderate Democrat could vote against Chipman and derail the nomination, but we’ll have to wait and see.
David Chipman is an extremely dangerous choice to head ATF. At a time when public trust in government is very low with abuse of power among top government officials increasing at an alarming rate, putting an extremist in charge of ATF could be explosive.
Chipman is not just a gun-control extremist but might be considered a lunatic even within that community. A lunatic who stands out in a sea of lunatics. Sort of a lunatic’s lunatic. The following is a list of considerations (many discussed in the Carlson video) regarding David Chipman:
- Chipman spent 25 years as an ATF field agent then became a senior policy advisor to the Gifford’s anti-Second Amendment group
- He was an ATF field agent at Waco and claimed the Branch Davidians used two .50 cal. rifles (none were found at the site) to shoot down two Texas Air National Guard helicopters (no helicopters were shot down)
- The government killed dozens of innocent men, women, and children at Waco. 76 Branch Davidians died including 25 children as well as several ATF agents. The operation at Waco is considered by many to be the biggest failure in American law enforcement history. While Chipman was not in a command position at Waco, he continues to defend the operation to this day.
- Chipman has suggested people who fail background checks should be arrested on the spot explaining this would be a great opportunity to arrest people BEFORE they commit crimes.
- Chipman believes AR15’s should be treated the same as machine guns i.e., banned (The Hill interview)
- In 2012 he suggested in an MSNBC interview that the Secret Service should not carry firearms
- He ridiculed first time gun owners (those who purchased guns to protect themselves and their families due to the Democrat supported riots that occurred last year) suggesting they store their guns locked and unloaded behind the cans of tuna they’re saving for the end of the world
- He advocates federal regulation of all standard capacity magazines, those having capacity greater than ten rounds
Is this a man who should be heading the ATF? It comes down to a familiar question; in what kind of country do you wish to live?
The right to self-defense is a basic human right. Gun ownership is an integral part of that right. If you want to keep your rights defend them by joining San Diego County Gun Owners (SDCGO) in San Diego, Orange County Gun Owners (OCGO) in Orange County, San Bernardino County Gun Owners (SBCGO) in San Bernardino County or Riverside County Gun Owners (RCGO) in Riverside. Support the cause by listening to Gun Owners Radio live on Sunday afternoon or on the internet at your leisure. Join the fight and help us restore and preserve our second amendment rights. Together we will win.
©2021 Joseph T Drammissi